Information for Staff
Transforming Health is about working closely with our staff so we can collectively ensure all South Australians have access to the best care, first time, every time.
To ensure the consistency and quality of care across South Australia’s health system, Transforming Health:
- requires some of theState’s services to work differently in partnership
- focuses on evidence-based, statewide models of care
- introduces multiple initiatives to unlock capacity and improve patient access and flow across the system of care.
The next steps for Transforming Health are explained in Delivering Transforming Health – Our Next Steps (PDF 1352KB) and are based on extensive input, feedback and ideas provided by our staff, consumers and community, clinicians, unions, professional associations, universities, and our research and industry partners.
For some staff, Transforming Health may result in changes to how and where you work. These changes will not happen immediately and you will be kept up to date about changes before they happen.
For more information about the next steps for Transforming Health, read the relevant staff factsheet:
- Transforming Health for Medical Staff factsheet (PDF 285KB)
- Transforming Health for Allied and Scientific Health Staff factsheet (PDF 280KB)
- Transforming Health for Nurses and Midwives factsheet (PDF 280KB)
Find out more about projects that are being implemented as part of Transforming Health.
For more information about Transforming Health in your area, visit the relevant page:
- Country South Australia
- Flinders Medical Centre
- Lyell McEwin Hospital
- Modbury Hospital
- Noarlunga Hospital
- Repatriation General Hospital
- Royal Adelaide Hospital
- SA Ambulance Service
- St Margaret’s Rehabilitation Hospital and Hampstead Rehabilitation Centre
- The Queen Elizabeth Hospital
- Veterans’ Health Services
- Women’s and Children’s Hospital
We are committed to engaging meaningfully and directly with those who provide healthcare services, as well as our patients who receive care. Given the scope and degree of changes required, this engagement must continue: everyone who uses, works in or influences our healthcare system will be able and encouraged to provide their input into the future of our health system over the coming months and years.
Transforming Health News for Staff
Transforming Health News for Staff is issued regularly to keep you up to date on the progress of Transforming Health and provide further information on key milestones.
- Transforming Health News – March 2017 (PDF 4MB)
- Transforming Health News – December 2016 (PDF 732KB)
- Transforming Health News – October 2016 PDF 824KB)
- Transforming Health News – August 2016 (PDF 833KB)
- Transforming Health News – June 2016 (PDF 762KB)
- Transforming Health News – March 2016 (PDF 567KB)
- Transforming Health News for Staff – December 2015
- Transforming Health News for Staff – November 2015 (PDF 467KB)
- Transforming Health News for Staff – August 2015 (PDF 599KB)
- Transforming Health News for Staff – May 2015 (PDF 396KB)
Transforming Health flyover
Transforming Health investment of more than $275 million in upgrading and developing metropolitan hospitals.
To stay updated about the latest developments in Transforming Health, sign up to our emailing list by completing the form below.