Flinders Medical Centre infrastructure project
Under Transforming Health, $185.5 million is being invested to build new facilities at Flinders Medical Centre.
- A new state-of-the-art rehabilitation centre, with 55 beds, new gyms and a hydrotherapy pool, integrating rehabilitation into our hospitals so you can begin rehabilitation sooner
- A new palliative care unit located on the fifth storey of the new 55-bed rehabilitation building with access to shared spaces, a large rooftop garden, and 15 single rooms, all with ensuite bathrooms, providing you and your family with greater privacy and a better working environment for clinicia
- A new 1780 space multi-deck car park (1220 more spaces than before the redevelopment commenced) is currently under construction, to make it easier to visit friends and family
- A dedicated orthogeriatric service
- A new 30 bed older persons’ mental health facility.
Construction of the new facilities has begun and is expected to be completed by late 2017.Back to projects